The rapid growing market of additive manufacturing is getting its growth number… …from metal and plastics today, but we are adding ceramics for the first time. The ADMAFLEX 130 is an exciting new product which is able to print high-dense ceramic components. We did install the first ones at our customers, which is great… …and we got great feedback from these customers as well. What is different on our solution we developed… …is the way we are handling our high viscosity material… You can compare it to the viscosity of toothpaste… …and you need kind of a system to handle this material on the printer. We engineered a foil system to carry our high viscose material on our printer. Generally, we know ceramics as a powder… …and we actually use this powder as a raw material in our process. We mix it with a photosensitive resin… …and we can use the resulting viscose material… …to build our components. A DLP engine helps us to build layer-by-layer… …through curing with light. All the material that is not cured, by the DLP light source… …will be pumped back through a filter, back to the reservoir. We overcame engineering challenges when we were looking into solutions… ..for the investment casting market. Understanding the ceramic powder is a very important part of the process… …and it allowed us to find and develop new solutions and applications. We are actually printing in aluminum oxide, zirconium oxide and fused silica… …and the possibilities are almost endless. Another unique item on the ADMAFLEX 130 is the user-interface. We tried to keep the user-interface as much as open… …so the customer is able to change a lot of parameters within… …different print jobs and by using different materials. The background from Admatec is strong in powder. One of the founders is a ceramic injection molding company… …another founder is an applied research institute. We had no idea about how to print, but we teached ourselves relatively quickly… …with the ADMAFLEX 130 as the first result. For the future, we see a need for bigger platforms. The ADMAFLEX 130 today is a production platform… … but in order to beat, probably, shaping technologies as pressing or injection moulding… …we need to go to bigger platform size. Higher productivity, with the same precision as the ADMAFLEX 130 today. We are committed to this task… …the big platforms are a task for our research persons today… … and we need to get that done in the near future. Admatec does play a role on the Additive Manufacturing market today, especially for ceramics. This system, the ADMAFLEX 130, it makes me proud.
Written by Brian Rohrer
- The University of Memphis – Metal Additive Manufacturing Lab
- Making BOTH Netflix Witcher Silver Medallions – 3D print to solid metal casting
- New To Vinyl – How to use Opal and Patterned Adhesive Vinyl
- FOUR WAYS TO LASER GLASS AND MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR LASER!
- Fixing Pick-Up Issues – HP Officejet 6500a Plus e-All-in-One Printer (E710n) | HP OfficeJet | HP
- 3D Printing and CRUSHING the Maker’s Muse Torture Cube Thingy #FullJoel
- Resin Handling Guide for 3D Printing – 11 Tips for Containing the Mess and Keeping Things Safe
- State Circle: February 21, 2020
- KPRC Channel 2 News Today : Feb 20, 2020
- Hundreds attend opening of new El Gabilan library in Salinas